YouTube Video Referencing Our Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Video Referencing Our Show

Every once in a while I will search YouTube for recently added videos that reference our great organization.

Another very nice video just showed up on YouTube referencing our great organization. This one was posted by Pioneer Public Television. “Rollag – Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion Preview”
    This footage and narration brings out the volunteer pride for WMSTR and put a lump in my throat when I watched it. I joined after my Dad passed, but he would have been so proud to have a son involved with the show that he too, loved so much.
    Thank you Pioneer Public.
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZCk_3LCLo
    Gary

Great find Gary - Thanks
    Rick H

Comment

Thanks Gary for posting that. I have been wondering when that was going to air. If you look at it on YouTube, and use the show more in the description, it gives all the airdates for the full show. I am waiting to see what they did with all the footage that they shot. Great find.

Darren

Comment

Thanks for sharing Gary!
        [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][B]Craig Mattson[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]WMSTR Lifetime Active Member[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
        [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]# 56271[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkred][B]Where There's Smoke There's Fire;[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#8b0000][B]Where There's Fire There's Steam;[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#8b0000][B]And Where There's Steam There's HAPPINESS[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

A few of us went to a screening of some of that in November (?) I think. They also showed us some of the other work they are doing with Minnesota State Parks, We Fest, and other events. They have a very creative crew, and Tim Bakken (their Production Manager) has been super to work with.

He told me that they will be having a private screening for the finished product soon. I and a few others want to see it before it goes to air. I don't expect any problems, and I quite frankly I am anxious to see the final 40 minute production! There may some more things happening with Pioneer Public TV in the future!

Darren... Did Shelly see it? What did she think?

Thanks for sharing Gary!
          Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

Mark,

Yes Shelly saw it. I think she was kind of excited, but her main comment was she thought she looked kind of dorky. We are both looking forward to seeing what made the cut.

Darren

Comment

hi all, this is what i found and copied off from the youtube video information.
              this should be enjoyable to watch. these people interviewed daniel a. about his engine and i hope it makes it into the full length video documentary.

Published on Jan 22, 2013
              Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion held during Labor Day weekend in September. 2013 air dates listed below on Pioneer Public Television.

Pioneer HD
              Saturday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m.
              Tuesday, March 12 at Noon
              Tuesday, March 12 at 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, March 16 at 10:00 a.m.

Pioneer Create
              Wednesday, March 13 at Noon
              Friday, March 15 at 1:00 p.m.
              Saturday, March 16 at 3:00 p.m.

For more information about Pioneer Public TV, including how you can become a member, go to http://www.pioneer.org. Additional Pioneer productions can also be viewed online at http://video.pioneer.org.
              • Category
                Entertainment
              • License
                Standard YouTube License
              Karl

Comment

For those who dont get the Pioneer station will here be a way to view it online?
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkred][B]Where There's Smoke There's Fire;[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#8b0000][B]Where There's Fire There's Steam;[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
                [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#8b0000][B]And Where There's Steam There's HAPPINESS[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I will be talking to the Pioneer folks in the next few days, and meeting with them prior to the air dates in March. I will try to get your questions answered.

I know with the correct over the air antenna, you should be able to receive the station Craig. Tim told me they do cover the Detroit Lakes area, and I have a co-worker who lives near Pelican Rapids and he can receive the station there.

More information to follow soon.
                  Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

May have to tweek our antenna. On a good day we get a very poor image. May just be bad positioning on our end.

Comment

This weekend is the premier of the "documentary" on our show.

A very discerning group of people met on Tuesday night and "screened" the production. Tim Bakken and Ken Speake who produced the piece were there and we did catch a few minor errors and gave them some names that were missing. It really surprised me at this late date they could make changes, but Tim told me he would probably not have the final cut done until Saturday sometime! The same day it runs! Shows what I know about the video business!

In any case, it is very well done and will do our show proud with the thousands of people (maybe tens of thousands) who are likely to see it over the next few weeks. Hopefully it will bring in some new visitors!

Pioneer also bought some of our own DVD's from last years show to use as part of their pledge drive that is happening now. That will help us out too!

Re-posting the schedule Karl posted earlier of the air times.

Pioneer HD
                      Saturday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m.
                      Tuesday, March 12 at Noon
                      Tuesday, March 12 at 7:00 p.m.
                      Saturday, March 16 at 10:00 a.m.

Pioneer Create
                      Wednesday, March 13 at Noon
                      Friday, March 15 at 1:00 p.m.
                      Saturday, March 16 at 3:00 p.m.

Pioneer for the Fergus Falls / Rollag / Detroit Lakes area is digital channel 49. I can get it intermittently at my home in the Fargo area, but it is pretty pixelated and drops out frequently. I am not aware of any other way for those of us who live this far north to see it. The DVD will be made available to those who want it in the near future. For those of you in SW Minnesota and Eastern South Dakota, it is on Dish Network and Direct TV, and on most cable systems. Check your listings. Pioneer is available in the Sioux Falls, Mitchell, and Watertown, SD markets.

Thank you to Tim and Ken from Pioneer, and to all who helped them get what they needed to do their job at our show last summer!
                      Last edited by M Kerkvliet; 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM.
                      Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

Thanks for the update Mark. I look forward to being able to order a copy. I would think that eventually it could also be viewed on their website too.
                        When they were filming, they originaly said that they were doing an episode of Postcards. I see that in April there is a Postcards show titled Steam Threshing and Trains. Is that going to be an additional show about WMSTR?

Darren

Comment

It will be edited down and some episodes of Postcards will be made from the 58 minute production.

It will also be made available to other Minnesota PBS affiliates (including the Fargo and Minneapolis areas) at some point in the future. Closed Captioning has to be added (by law) before that can happen.

Both you and Shelly made the final cut Darren! I imagine it was difficult trying to decide from the many hours of video they shot, what to include in the final version. They are planning on doing some more with that (extra) video, and perhaps coming back again to shoot some more sometime in the future.
                          Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

I put up a new antenna a few years ago that is tuned for the new digital frequencies, but we don’t use it much since getting the locals on the satellite, which does not include Pioneer Public. I switched our TV over to antenna input, but was unable to view Pioneer Public with my prior channel setup. I did a channel search on the TV and low and behold, it pulls in all of Pioneers channels perfectly, right now anyway. 49.1 is the main channel, which the segment will air on, but they also have sub channels 49.2, 49.3 and 49.4. With a digital signal, you either get it, or you don’t. It is not like analog where you could view a marginal signal in a snowstorm. If you can receive a marginal signal, you may receive it at certain times of the day and not others or it may even be dependant on the weather.

Doing a channel search is something you could try if you still have an antenna.
                            Good Luck!
                            Gary
                            Gary

Comment

Greetings Mark (& all)
                              You probably remember, my wife Jeanette works at Pioneer Public TV (back to full time again--yippee). She answers the phone if you call there. In fact, I think she's the one who first mentioned to Tim that WMSTR would make good show material.
                              I had to laugh at your comment about editing & correcting right up to the time it airs. Just a little inside secret---that's the only way anything gets done in that place--JUST KIDDING, TIM! But it's a lot like WMSTR, a deadline or a consequence can be a real motivator.
                              I'm looking forward to seeing the show--couldn't be anything but good.

Comment

Mark, Did I make the cut? Andrea called and left a message letting me know that it was airing this week.

Keven
                                Last edited by ottocollection; 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ottocollection View Post
                                  Mark, Did I make the cut? Andrea called and left a message letting me know that it was airing this week.

Keven
                                  You are in it Keven... You and the DeLavurne engine. There is also a younger gentleman talking about the engine.
                                  Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

Thanks Mark, Hope I didn't hurt the video to much. The young person is Tom Mickelson's grandson. They have been helping us for years.

Comment

Wow!,what a great production! We have lots to be proud of!
                                      Brian K. Nelson

Comment

It was a good program. I think it captured the essence of the Reunion and the people of WMSTR. But any member/worker that watches it is going to think--there is so much that they missed! Remember that you can't even see everything in a day when you're there, so 70 minutes of video can only scratch the surface. I hope people who see it will be encouraged to make the trip to see it all in person. We certainly seem to have Mr Speake (the narrator) hooked !
                                        I know Pioneer has lots more video and will probably be making other shorter segments to use on their program Postcards. And I wouldn't be surprised if they are back to another show for more material-they were also a little overwhelmed by all there was to experience.
                                        It's fun to watch a show like that and see the show from the 'outside'. I realize more that it's a good thing that we are doing and I, for one, am ready to get back to the Hill & get something done. SNOW SNOW-GO AWAY !!!!!
                                        p.s.---Keven-you were 'marvelous'
                                        Last edited by JOHN PFAFF; 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

I did not get to see the whole edited version... I think what we saw on Tuesday night lost about 7 or 8 minutes somewhere, but I did see most of the first segment before something went wrong and I lost signal from my makeshift setup to receive Pioneer north of Fargo.

I threw this together about 10 minutes before the start of the program after the long workday at Larson Welding. (UHF Yagi I had in storage mounted to my satellite dish pole very close to the ground)!

But I did get to see most of the first part, like Merlyn's interview... (note the old digital converter box in front of the old TV to convert the signal).

And Bob's interview...

And between the first 2 segments I saw they were including our (Dachtera / Moen) video with part of their pledge drive...

Somewhere between segments 1 and 2, either the band conditions changed or something failed on my end and I could not receive the signal any more. Digital works that way... in most cases it is either all or nothing!

I did hear Ken say some very nice things about WMSTR during his first interview. He was very kind, and I look forward to him coming back some day and doing more with us.

Also, it was John Pfaff talking about the show to his bride (who works for Pioneer) that eventually put us on the radar and made this happen! Thanks John and Mrs. John...! and everyone else remember that you never know what conversation you have with someone you may not even know can result in!
                                          Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

John Pfaff - Could you use your inside connection to try and get their CD version that they could eventually offer to our members (or the general public) for sale? There are a LOT of us left out in the cold so to speak. For the members that are not in their broadcast area and already have the video from the hill $75.00 is pretty steep for one video CD. I would certainly order a copy or two if they offered it without the membership and our video. We have members all across the nation and I think it would still be a good fundraiser for them.

Thanks,
                                            Rick
                                            Rick H

Comment

Others may have better information than I do, but it is my understanding that eventually it will be available to buy from the Pioneer Public TV Store. It is not listed yet, but here is the link.

http://www.pioneer.org/shoppioneer.php

It looks like all their other local productions are available. I am sure that they are not going to list it until it is done airing on the station.

Anyway, that is my hope, I am going to keep checking and order it as soon as it becomes available. I really want to see it.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Gunderson View Post
                                                Others may have better information than I do, but it is my understanding that eventually it will be available to buy from the Pioneer Public TV Store. It is not listed yet, but here is the link.
                                                It will Darren.

I have been talking to them about some other things this week, and I made sure to mention that we have people living all over the country who will want to see this. The DVD has not been produced yet, but should be in a couple of weeks. They have dozens that need to go out for their pledge drive event.

I recorded the original Saturday night event (when it was replayed on Tuesday.) During that broadcast they had Ken Speake on with Les, the manager of Pioneer during the breaks talking about his WMSTR experience. He did on outstanding job selling our show. I cannot make that available for everyone, but I do intend to have it playing at some WMSTR events in the future for those who wish to watch it.
                                                Mark

Fargo, ND

Comment

Sorry Rick-I haven't logged in for awhile. But what Darren & Mark are saying is about where things are right now. Several members have called the station and they are now aware of how many members we have outside of their viewing area-not to mention those in the area that can't get a signal. (Not all are as talented in signal capture as our president is). It is a topic of concern at their meetings, so we can only hope they will come up with a solution. If I get any more info I will post it here. John
                                                  p.s.--see, Mark! They need a deadline. Haven't even made the DVDs yet & it's time to mail them out!

Comment

The day the documentary was aired I got the number from a friend and called in and sponsored them so I have an official disk now. If anyone would like to borrow it let me know and I can get it to you. It is definately worth watching.

Comment

I see that Pioneer Public TV has posted the Postcards version of what they shot for viewing on line.

http://video.pioneer.org/video/2364991877/

It is about 15 minutes of the show but at least for those of us who have not been able to see the full one yet, it gave a taste of it. It starts out with most of what was in the preview but does get into other stuff after the introduction.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                                                      X