1934 f-12

80pfd

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I have just delivered a 1934 Farmall F-12, serial number - S12064, to my home in Lyndon, IL.
It was owned by my Uncle Morris Ysen in Gary, Minnesota. My mother and her sisters have been going through all the papers in the house as they are working on taking care of the estate. They have not found any papers yet which would be records of the purchase, or any type of owners manual, or service manual. To the best of anyone's knowledge, the tractor was purchased in/around 1934 by my grandfather, Carl Ysen.
The tractor has been in the farm's machine shed since Uncle Morris could not get it started (he said that it probably had a bad fuel pump) in the late 1990's. The tractor still has the cultivator set on it, which has been on the tractor ever since I can remember (Boy! are those bolts going to be a challenge to get off!!). Based on the performance of the tractor the last time I saw it running, I will need to get the radiator taken off and given to a local (within 20 miles) radiator shop. I have confidence in this radiator shop because the owner gets all the radiator work from the area implement dealers.
Thankfully, I have some Farmall tractor collectors within a 50 mile radius to get information from. However; any information I can get from my fellow Rollag family members will be Greatly appreciated.
One thing I would like to find would be a drawbar. I think that would mean losing the back section of the cultivator set, but I want to pull wagons.
I would like to send some pictures from our camera, but I am NOT that camera/computer literate ( one of the reasons why I love old tractors - NO computers).
Thanks All.
Paul McCracken

It is really great to collect tractors but when they have been in the family it is especially fun. Congratulations!

F-12 Farmall, color??

In the serial number of this tractor; does one of the numbers tell what color the tractor was painted from the factory? My Mom and aunts say that it was gray, but after dousing the sheet metal with WD-4O and a rain shower, I was seeing red in protected places ( under the fuel tank and such).
Thank you for any help given.
Paul

Back