Boiler Operator's License

CaseyD

B & R Sawmill Crew
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Tom Hall (or whoever has experience):

I attended Steam School last year, and this summer I will be turning 18 in July. I would like to have my boiler operator's licensure by the show time so I might be a little more 'legally' independent when necessary. What are the dates and places of available for testing? Are there any other requirements or paperwork that must be submitted/filled out/brought to the test? I remember Tom mentioning something about sending an application to the Dept. of Labor(?) Any help would be great, for myself and everyone else that has curiosity in becoming more involved and safe with the steam power out at Rollag.

Thanks for your help,

Casey,

You have to have affidavits that you have operated antique steam for a certain number of hours. I do not remember how many it is. Then you have to send it, your application, and your fee into the dept of labor and industry. Tom has all of the documents. Get hooked up with them and then whomever you served with at the BR sawmill can sign off for the hours you served there. If you need more hours you will have to serve with that engineer or others and get documents signed from them also. You will have an opportunity to take the test on the grounds the Monday after Steam School or they have some dates at the Tech College in Moorhead that they give tests.

Good luck.

Rick

Back