• Many of the photos in this section are obtained from the showbook committee.

Carl Tuttle

Ned

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
tuttle.jpg
Carl E. Tuttle
1938 - 2018

Carl Edward Tuttle, age 79, longtime Howell area resident, passed away Friday, May 4, 2018 in Pawnee, Oklahoma. He was born December 16, 1938 in Battle Creek, the son of Eldon and Hazel (Tompkins) Tuttle. Carl was a local longtime excavator and was owner of Livingston Aggregate Inc. He was an avid steam engine collector and restorer and member of Michigan Steam Engine and Threshers Club in Mason, MI and the Oklahoma Steam and Gas Engine Association in Pawnee, OK. He was president of the J. I. Case Heritage Foundation for many years. Carl is survived by his children, Rhonda Davis of Wolverine, MI, Jeffery (Kim) Tuttle of Fowlerville and Rodney (Joann) Tuttle of Millersburg, MI. Loving grandfather of Shasta, Jennifer, Justin, Jeffery, Alisha, Rodney, Kelsea, Christopher, Kaylea, Josh and Jordan; also eight great-grandchildren, brother, Melvin (Brenda) Tuttle of Dowling, MI and loving companion, Marsha Morris of Howell. Carl was preceded in death by his wife, Nancy and son, Kim (7/4/2002). Visitation will be Wednesday from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M. with funeral services Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 11:00 A.M. at MacDonald’s Funeral Home, Howell (517-546-2800). Burial will be in Sanford Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Michigan Steam Engine and Threshers Club, 2929 Rolfe Road, Mason, MI 48854 or the Oklahoma Steam and Gas Engine Association, P.O. Box 472, Pawnee, OK 74058-0472.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a little late in posting this.
Carl Tuttle age 79 past away May 4th in Pawnee OK. He was best known for one of the few people that would preform the Case incline with at steam engine. Some of you may remember he was kind enough to come to WMSTR during the 2006 Case Expo and preform the incline demonstration.

He will always be remembered as one of the best steam operators our thoughts and prayers go out to his family

Erik "ned" Mars

I remember watching in amazement as he went up and down that incline. Scared the devil out of me! He will be missed.

Back