fall clean up

slugger

Intermediate Poster
I am wondering if a bunch of people would like to get together one of these weekends and do the fall leaf clean up.
I can get lawn vac's and walk behind string trimmers and chippers from work and that would make the work go a lot faster and a lot easier.

Mark: could you get back to me about who to contact to organize this project.
I should be able to get;
8 lawn vacs
4 to 6 walk behind string trimmers
and at least 4 small chippers and possibly a large chipper 8" or 12" size.

let me know who to contact or is there some one who would like to head up this project and organise it for me and I will bring the eqpt and help out.

thanks
slugger

Great offer Slugger!

Let's keep this thread active for the nest few weeks and we'll come up with something. There is a lot to do yet this fall out there. I would like to clean up and sort the wood pile area before fall wood cutting too.

I am thinking something like the third weekend of October may be good. The leaves still have to fall, and all of our schedules have to clear up a bit! The rest of this month is crazy for me!

Keep an eye on this thread all!

If you want I can ask about the BIG 12" chipper that will take branches up to 12 inches in diameter. that should take care of the wood pile area!
only thing I would need for that is a pintle hitch for my truck.

slugger

clean up

Hi all
I was just going to let you know that my boy scout troop and I will be up at Rollag on Saturday (9/13/08). We will be cleaning such things as garbage, wood blocks, and the wood pile (wood chips and organizing good wood). If you have any other suggestions feel free to reply or send me a private message. We will try to get as much done as possible.

Thanks

That's great Blaine! I'll get your group set up working on the wood pile if you guys want to tackle that. Should only take a couple of hours for that work if there are enough people out there. :thumb:

Fall Clean-Up

Kermit Nelson from Hawley, MN, and several others have done a great job every year of fall leaf clean-up and has asked to be contacted if anybody would be willing to help out with this area. Send me a personal e-mail and I will give you his contact information. We would appreciate anybody's help on this project, but Kermit is the organizer! A cleanup weekend would be a great idea and I would like to keep Kermit informed on this issue. Thanks!

Thanks Ellis!

There you go Slugger... you should get in touch with Kermit via Ellis and see what he has planned. Looks like there are some possibilities there!

Leafs

It looks like the leaf work is all done for this year. I did get up on the hill while the leaves were workable. The last tuesday before it began to rain again, the leaves worked very well as in fun. I was up again last week but the leaves were wet and frooze down. I did get 14 loads off vs 47 last year. Some one removed the leaves on the grass by the Otto building. The wet leaves next spring well likely gum up the tubing. The muddy leaves well coat the inside of the tubing and then dry from the air going through it, making it very heavy to handle. Happy Thanksgiving All

Back