Prairierose Boutique 2011

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hi everyone! I've been a bit remiss in posting and for that I don't have any excuses. Hope you all spent the nasty winter making items for the boutique. As you all know, we were nearly empty after last year's show. Items listed in the newsletter are badly needed. These suggestions come from visitors each year. Roxanne and I have learned to knit - yahoo! But, the dishcloth I just finished probably took me 40 hours and the person recording the hours surely wouldn't believe that!!! I got it nearly finished and discovered a mistake - the anal person I am, I ripped it all out and started again - then lo and behold I did it again! I finally finished it yesterday! Guess you will have to come to the boutique to see the 40 hour knitted dishcloth:Shrugs:

Sandi,

Are you and Dennis staying here somewhere? I saw him this weekend, but did not get a chance to talk to him.

I know Yancy is getting ready to shingle the Boutique and it would be great if we could get some of you crew and their husbands to help out when the time comes! If some do not like roof tops, there is plenty of ground work to do!

Anyone who wants to help, contact Yancy (wifyan)... Then you can get back to crafting! :rof:

Good Morning Mark, We were there this weekend, and Denny was there yesterday pouring cement - we didn't see any activity near the boutique. If we know when they are going to do the roof work, we will definitely be there - maybe we can get some of the "boutique" husbands to come to help too.

I have a knitted item to donate, have never done this before when should I bring it in? Thanks Kim

We will be in the Boutique hopefully the 27th or 28th of August and then every day from then on. We may not be "open" all day before the show, but will be open for drop offs throughout the day.

I am anxious to see what you knit Kim! Sandy and I are fairly new knitters. She took lessons and then taught me last summer.

The county fair is over and I am back to work. It is fun but a lot of work. Now I can think about getting ready for Rollag!
:thumb:

One more week of work and then we get to go up to Rollag! I am excited to see you all and all of your wonderful creations for the Boutique! :thewave:

Hi Sandi,
Priscilla will be calling you this week, I think. She's been busy making jams and other "stuff" for the Boutique and she's excited to get back there. We'll be on the Hill on Aug 26 so I think she will be around to take donations by Sat the 27th.

for Priscilla,

Todd

Hi Todd, yes, Silly called me, but I was on my way home from my Granddaughter's wedding in Lawrence, KS and was asleep. Recoupering from the shingles. I told her to call me on Friday when she arrives, we are planning on being there on Saturday the 27th. I'm sure glad you are coming, we will need extra help in the boutique this year as I am not up to snuff yet!

Oops, forgot to say the Prairierose Boutique Potluck will be Saturday night, the 3rd of September - bring a dish to pass and whatever you want to drink. You might want to bring a couple of chairs too. The potluck will be held at the Carstensen's in Lower Lutefisk.

See you soon!

Work at Boutique

As some of you know, the Prairierose Boutique received a new roof this year, YEAH! And a big thanks to those who made that possible. We may need to replace the ceiling, but that will be another year. We have power washed the building and it is looking really nice. We will need window washers and help in the boutique before the show, so if you are looking for some work, look us up!

quiltnweave;9608 said:
As some of you know, the Prairierose Boutique received a new roof this year, YEAH! And a big thanks to those who made that possible.

That would be Yancy Wifal (Project Champion) and others who helped him out. I am sure he will be along to give some credit where credit is do soon!

Donations

Hey Sandy -

Will there be anyone around to accept donations on Friday the 26? If not, what hours will donations be accepted on Thursday the 1st?

Thanks!
Steph Poegel

Hi Steph, not sure anyone is there today or not. We will definitely be there the 1st, we will be leaving for Rollag either this evening or in the morning.

Hello everyone!
Sandy and I will be there most every day next week. We will definitely be there Monday morning and you can start bringing things in. Of course, we can always use your help in cleaning too! If you need to get some hours in, come see us! :thumb:

Roxane

P.S. Sometimes we have a hard time getting all the hours covered during the show, so check the sign-up sheet at the Admin Building if you would like to help us out on this! Even if you have never worked in the Boutique before we will be glad to have you!!
See you on the Hill!

Jars

To: Anyone that makes jams, jellies, etc. for the Boutique.
I have about 50 small jars that we have accumulated over the years. (Most were bought in the Boutique.) Since Gwen can no longer do that type of canning, the jars just keep accumulating in our basement. If anyone that does canning for the Boutique would like some or all of them, contact me. I would bring them to Rollag and be put where you could pick them up at your convenience. We also have a bunch of pint jars.

Merlyn

Donation

Hi,

Because of having a new job this year I wasn't able to get off to attend the show. I did send almost 2 dozen corn bags. I was told they were a hit last year and am wondering how people liked them this year? I would appreciate it if someone could let me know.:smilie_flagge13:

Corn Dolls

Hi, thank you so much for your donation of corn husk dolls. As I recall, they were all sold, but can't say for certain. We had a tremendous year in the boutique this year, the best since I've been keeping records. The Prairie Rose Boutique staff was very busy, which is a good thing!

Sorry it took so long to reply. There was a misunderstanding as I did not donate corn husk dolls. They were corn therapy bags (like the rice bags you heat in the microwave). I am wondering if I should make more for next year and hopefully I will be able to make it to the show. :)

Corn Bags

Hi, sorry I misunderstood your post. I don't recall if we had any left of the corn bags or not, I do know I bought 2! I keep one in the freezer and one I leave out so I can heat it in the microwave - they work great. If you would like to make more, I'm sure we will sell them.

Back