Silent Movie Theater

Discussion in 'Main Street Now and Future' started by crystalaakre, Jul 21, 2007.

1. reelroller

reelroller Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

The Super Simplex projection heads I have were first introduced in 1928-1950 when production began to run down.
    I also have the old rectifiers for the arc lamphouses. I would like to put them on display someday on the show grounds
    projector 004.jpg

crystalaakre, M Kerkvliet and Lee like this.
  2. reelroller

reelroller Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

This is me back in the day when I ran these projectors at a drive in theatre
    10-260001.jpg

crystalaakre likes this.
  3. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Amazing how technology has improved over those days. I spent many hours at drive in's when I was in high school. It would be cool find one and go see something there someday. Of course, now that we are all spoiled the sound would have to come through the stereo somehow so that we could have good sound. If it is too hot that night, everyones car would be running for the A/C!

craig mattson likes this.
  4. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Mark,

It would be a long drive for you, but there is a drive in located in Long Prarie, MN. There are some old-school speakers in the first couple rows yet, otherwise they broadcast on FM. Limited camping available also.

Mike

M Kerkvliet likes this.
  5. JLWithers

JLWithers Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Is that place still open? I remember going there 20 years ago with a girl I was dating at the time. Seems I don't recall ever looking in it's direction the few times I've been by it since.

6. crystalaakre

crystalaakre Mega Poster Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

This is awesome!

7. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Yes sir, it is. $6 for an adult to see two movies, and concessions are pretty reasonable too. Hard part is, first movie doesn't start until around 9:30 or so...

JLWithers likes this.
  8. DOXEY41

DOXEY41 Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

East of Warren MN there is a drive in. SKY-VU DRIVE IN

9. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

This place looks cool... I don't want to advertise for them, but they have an awesome website that is not very hard to find if you :computer: for "Drive in movie theater Long Prairie, MN"

Mike Bennett likes this.
  10. jswithers

jswithers WMSTR Lifetime Members WMSTR Lifetime Member

That would be just west of Warren.