Vintage Avery photos

Ned

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I thought I would post some Avery pics from my collection.
The first couple are of Avery return flues I'm not sure of the H.P. but if I had to guess I would somewhere around 16-20 h.p.
IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

More to come :thumb:

Erik "ned" Mars :smilie_flagge13:

These next couple photos are from an Avery catalog

The first pic is of 25h.p. side mount straight flued
IMG_0646.jpg

The second photo is the front and rear view of the same engine. If you look closely at the rear you can see that they used the same locomotive style firebox door on this model the very same as their more commonly known undermount engines

IMG_0647.jpg

More to come later showing some of the undermounts and the special attachments and some Avery truck photos too!

This is a picture of my Great-Grandpa's 30hp Avery taken in 1922. This is the only picture we have of this machine. Unfortunately, this engine was taken away by the scrappers for the war like many others. A few parts do live on, though. The cast iron cab corners and the wheel to engage the two speed drive were located and are being used on Briden's Avery.

Grandpa_sengine015.jpg

Cody Mitchell :thumb:

Teeth Talk;8621 said:
This is a picture of my Great-Grandpa's 30hp Avery taken in 1922. This is the only picture we have of this machine. Unfortunately, this engine was taken away by the scrappers for the war like many others. A few parts do live on, though. The cast iron cab corners and the wheel to engage the two speed drive were located and are being used on Briden's Avery.

Wow Cody... I did not know that! Cool to learn little pieces of history like that!

More photos from the catalog. Theses photos show the special attachments you could purchase for your Avery making it one of the most verstile engine you could buy.
Clockwise starting at the top left first shows the Road Roller attachment they say its and easy change just remove the lugs and swap out the front trucks with the roller attachment. (not sure of how "easy" that would be). Next shows the winding drum attachment says its furnished with 300ft of 5/8" inch cable and travels approximately 200ft per minute (not exactly sure what you would be winching that fast). Third shows the steam crane attachment it doesn't say what the load limit is but from the photo one would think it had to be kinda stressful on the smoke box.
IMG_0650.jpg

Still more to come

Erik "ned" Mars

More photos!!! These pics show the Avery undermount double cyl. in action threshing, building roads, pulling stumps and moving houses.
IMG_0648.jpg

Averys didn't just build tractors here's an ad for Avery trucks.

IMG_0651.jpg

I hope everyone has enjoyed these photos I'm starting to run low. :sad: Got to do some more digging. I know I have a photo of my great uncle on his Avery just a matter of finding it!

Back