WMSTR on RFDTV Tuesday 1-17-17

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I thought I saw this on this forum somewhere months ago... I put it on my calendar, but I cannot find it here now.

In any case, WMSTR is scheduled to be on RFDTV tomorrow.

Screen shot is from Dish Network guide. You will have to find the channel on your system.

WMSTR RFDTVs.jpg

Apparently, that is a subscription channel around here.:bonk:

Looks like it was on once before on December 6, 2016. I have no idea what it is, or when it was filmed... and I was on the BOD for 10 years. Maybe it's something that's been out there for a while?

If I see you on the show Jeremy, I'll take a screen shot and show you!

Thanks Mark! Then I won't have to worry about making sure my screen settings are wide enough.

Thanks Mark! Then I won't have to worry about making sure my screen settings are wide enough.
This was filmed during the Show. Most of it was in the Turn of The Century Farm. There were a few clips from other parts of the Show.
Merlyn

Thanks for the post and heads up Mark. I have two friends the get the channel on MIDCO and one with Satellite dish. I'm working on then all to record it so I can watch the show.

RFD TV schedule shows it will be on at 3:30 pm CDT today and on Saturday, Jan 21 at 2 pm CDT.

Jane

I was able to record that and watched it tonight. Merlyn did a nice job at the beginning giving some of the history of the Turn of the Century farm. It was nice to see the horse area get some attention. I am glad this was posted to the forum or I would have missed seeing it.

Darren

I agree Darren. Merlyn did a great job, as did Brett Lien and a few others of describing what we were seeing. The video was very heavy in the horsepower area as Merlyn said up the page a bit... and a little in the gas engine area... especially the De Lavergne engine.

That begin said, I was a little surprised that a video of that quality found it's way to RFDTV. I was not at all impressed with the camera work. I have done better with my home video camera, and I think the work that Tim and Chris do is in most cases far superior to the "amateurish" work I saw that 1/2 hour. Again... content was fine, it just looked like something someone did with a home video camera and somehow got it on to RFDTV. Did you notice the blurb on the end telling you where you could buy a copy of this video? Made me wonder if it was a paid for spot.

Then I wondered if we could put together a video of better quality (no doubt there) with a little more broad representation of the show... squeeze it into a 20 minute (1/2 hour TV time) segment and do the same thing with our own production and sell some DVD's!

So, that's my truck driver / farmer critique! I am sure there are some who are much smarter on these matters than I who had a very different perspective.

I guess I would have to agree that the video quality was not as good as you would expect for something televised like that. It looks like that is part of a series from Rural Heritage Magazine which appears to concentrate on that era of farming.
I do see on other shows on that network that they advertise that you can buy the program you just watched, often with additional content.
I also agree that any of the recent stuff that has been produced by our people would be easy to tweak into a better quality program than that.
On the other hand I would not want to hurt DVD sales for WMSTR by having it be available to watch on TV.
Darren

Back