WMSTR Receives Grant Money

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
From Lori Jury...

FARGO – The Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion has been awarded $2,000 from the Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation, through its 50th Anniversary Grant Round, with funds from the Otto Bremer Foundation. *The award supports the construction of a visitors’ campground shower facility on the grounds of the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion at Rollag, Minnesota.
The Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion, founded in 1954, is a non-profit organization of 5,000 members strong dedicated to the preservation of the agricultural history of a by-gone era. Through the annual 4-day reunion held Labor Day weekend, more than 100, live operational exhibits provide education to thousands of visitors each year of the pioneer way of life of days gone by.
The Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation is a community foundation established in 1960 to support the charitable and philanthropic needs of Cass and Clay counties. The Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation is the oldest and largest community foundation in North Dakota, and has granted more than $17 million to charitable groups since 2000.

WMSTR Receives Grant Money

That is great. So did is this something we signed up or applied for or did they just pick WMSTR?

Hopefully before this years show? Don't let the bureaucracy slow down improvements on the showgrounds!

crystalaakre;7707 said:
Wow that's great! Is there any more info on this? Did we have to apply for it?

The Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation gave Gary Muhl a "Heads-Up" about this and someone wrote up the application for it. I just can't remember who... Maybe it was Lori Jury?

In any case, it was our involvement with the Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation because of the WMSTR Endowment Fund that made all of this possible.

I understand there is a lot more of this that could be possible in the future! :thumb:

Thanks for the reminder to keep an eye out for these types of things. Grants are a great way to get some of our projects accomplished. :)

Thanks to everyone who helped this one come through!

WMSTR Recieves Grant Money

This is very good news, with this grant the doors may be opened for further grants from others. :praying:
Thanks to the F/M Foundation for thier generosity in providing funding for an over due project. :thumb:

s.d. jon;7709 said:
When do we start building? :smilie_flagge13:

I remember hearing rumor about the showers any word on who what when about starting this project???
I'm more than willing to help on this it has been a long time in coming

P.S. Way to go WMSTR on get the grant Big thanks to all involved with getting it :thumb:

Ned :smilie_flagge13:

Back