2013 Update

stephp

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Greetings Ladies!

Hope your summer is going well! Attached, please find the update letter for this year and let us know if you have any questions!

Cheri & Steph

2013 Update Letter

Greetings Ladies!
We hope you are all having a great summer! Time is flying so fast. As I write this there are only 17 days until the show and as always there are still things to do!
We only started 1 large project this year – the 60th Show Quilt! It is now completed and ready to be displayed. Once we were into the project, it was determined that all of the areas of the grounds we not covered. With that said, it was proposed we do a 70th anniversary quilt to cover additional attractions that were not part of the 60th quilt. A couple of areas that have already been suggested! Please talk with either of us if you are interested in participating in this new adventure in some way. Plans are that squares will be given out within the next year or two and that the top be completed by the 65th show. Then, if the quilters are willing (we hope!!!) this quilt would be completed by the quilters during the 66th to the 69th shows, and finally displayed during the 70th. A large process, but we hope that it works!
Cleaning weekend is set for August 24 & 25. Cheri & I are unable to be there that weekend, but the usual cleaning needs to be done; i.e. dusting, sweeping, window washing, vacuuming. Some of the carpet pieces that are laid on the floor in booths molded this spring. We have disposed of those pieces and they will need to be replaced. If anyone has remnants from projects this summer or is able to pick up a few remnants it would be greatly appreciated!
As for the displays for this year’s show please keep these things in mind:  “Cloths Line” display is knit items; i.e. blankets, sweaters, socks, etc.  Hanging quilt racks. We need 1 baby quilt. Please call Steph at 218-238-5938 or email [email protected] if you are willing to share a quilt. With this year being Garr Scott, anything RED, GREEN OR YELLOW would be ideal to display.  Glass display cabinet is knitting items. Examples: knitting needles, direction sheets, types of yarn, machines, etc.
As with all items you bring to display, LABEL THEM! Anything not labeled and left after cleanup on Monday will be stored with show items! Items can be brought to the building ANYTIME and we will store it appropriately.
There are several projects along Main Street that could use our help! If you are planning on spending some time at the hill, please consider working on one of these projects. More information is available in the Mercantile.  Baker Depot – needs to be scrapped & painted.  Boardwalk – several boards need to be screwed down and/or replaced.  Main Street house – porch & exterior stairs need to be scrapped and painted.
I you are bringing items to the building, please LABEL THEM or LEAVE A NOTE! There are items in the building and we are unsure if they are donations, to be used for someone’s display, or are to go to another area of the show. Paper and pencils are available on the glass display cabinet for this purpose.
As many of you know, Erna Ellingson passed away earlier this year. She was one of the women instrumental in starting the ladies activities on the grounds. To honor Erna we are asking ladies to wear blue on Sunday as that was Erna’s favorite color. We chose to do this as the Ellingson family preferred that we do something low key.
If you have any questions or concerns about the building, please don’t hesitate to contact one of us at [email protected], or Cheri at 218-205-4754 or Steph at 218-238-5938.
Thank you for your dedication to our show and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
WMSTR 2013 – 60th
Show & Garr Scott

Back