2021 Water and Power

Power appears to be on presently, water planned for 3rd weekend in May if I understood Tom H. correctly at steam up this last weekend. If others have better info, please feel free to contribute.

Hi all,

The winter well should be operational.
I thought I heard that the Blue Water Tank will be filled before the water is turned on to the rest of the grounds.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

The power was on yesterday when my brother Keven, son Jeremy and I were out surveying the Otto building.

Power is on for most parts of the grounds. Weather depending Tom and I will be getting the blue water tower filled this weekend or next. Water, again weather depending, will be on mid May. A new crew is taking on some of the water responsibilities so this adds a few variables and some training to ensure things are done in the best order to not make a mess.

See you all soon at the hill!

Pretty sure that Vern plans to be back here to train the new crew on this and will need lots of help chasing down all of the issues. I wonder if there will be any more issues than normal because of the extended shut down time...

Hi all.

Jerry and I would love to be there when the water is turned on as we need to run a little water before we connect up the water faucets for the bathroom sinks. If this isn't done the screens in the faucets will plug from the collected rust and debris in the water lines. So please give us a headups so we can attend and hook up the water faucets and learn how the water turn on process works. Thanks, Sid

Sid,

Thanks for the reminder about flushing the lines to the metering faucets in the restrooms.

The toilets in the West Block Potty (JJ's Bathroom) have a fine screen in the fill line. Each of those screens should be checked to be sure they aren't plugged.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

As of a couple hours ago the blue water tower and thirst quencher are filled and ready to go for filling engines, etc. Note that this is lake water. No well water has been turned on yet other than the winter well behind the admin building

Hi everyone,

A lot of the water is turned on as of Saturday. A small crew was with Vern learning what he knows about the water lines on the ground. Another small crew went behind them and put some bathrooms back together. As of Sunday night the West Block Potty, the Blue Bathroom, Butzville, the Expo Hill rest room and the restroom at the top of the Visitor Camping were up and running. The OK Shower House is up and running. The hot shower Saturday night felt REAL GOOD!

Saturday the OK Shower House got a quick rinse down with a hose. Sunday afternoon it looked like a crew went in a really cleaned it up. Thank you to that group! All of the other restrooms that are up and running need to be cleaned. The crew was focused on getting the restrooms in working order, they did not have time to clean.

JJ's restroom needs to be put together. The accessible stall on the north side is open, the water to the sink is not turned on. Before the toilets get hooked up, the lines need a good flushing and all the screens in the fill system of the toilets need to be taken out and cleaned.

A two inch line that runs to Lower Lutefisk needs to be fixed. I believe there is a crew that is planning to do that. After the pipe is fixed, Lower Lutefisk needs to be put together and flushed.

I do not know the status of Upper Lutefisk, Peasant Valley, The Sandbox Sandbox or the Visitors Shower House.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I have heard there are electrical problems in peasant valley. Is it safe to plug in a camper in peasant valley? If not are the other camp grounds powered up and safe to use..

We will be on the grounds late Thursday afternoon. Is there power in the far end at the turn around end of Peasant Valley? If not what areas do have power? Thanks for all you are doing to get this taken care of.

I know some of the receptacles down there have power but not sure which ones. The pole behind whimpy's camper next to the shower house does have power and there are some open spots next to him. I was down there this evening trying to locate the fault with no luck, hopefully this weekend it will be fixed.

Back