Avery North of Grand Rapids MN

Discussion in '2011 Avery Farm Machinery Feature' started by Lee, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Lee

Lee Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

There is a small threshing show North of Grand Rapids MN in Blackberry on Highway 2. There is a large Avery undermount there in very good condition. It says "30-90". Does anyone know who owns it and if it is coming to Rollag for the feature?

2. 40avery

40avery Mega Poster Super Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

I understand that there is a 30 on the way but I do not know if that is the one.

3. tractorfamily4

tractorfamily4 Intermediate Poster

We tried to get it to Rollag but their show board president did not think it was worthwhile to send it.

4. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Too bad... Is it owned by the show? Wonder if they got to vote on that?

Would have been nice to have it here.

5. tractorfamily4

tractorfamily4 Intermediate Poster

Yes, I think it is owned by the show.

6. DDRAWZ

DDRAWZ Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Blackberry Avery

I operate that Avery and was hoping to get it there for the expo. It was voted on by the board of directors ,so I am told:Shrugs:. The members didnt get to vote on it. Dave

7. M Kerkvliet

Sorry for you Dave... Would have been cool to have it here.

I was concerned that just your President called that one. If your board voted on it and didn't like the idea, that is the way it works.

I am on the WMSTR Board, and we are asked all the time to send equipment to other shows. I don't think we have ever turned down a request, so long as the other show pays the expenses and shows proof of insurance. Our 120 Rumely went to Canada a couple of years ago, and the same engine has been to Albany more than once.

That being said, I guess they must have had good reasons not to send it down. I will have to get up there sometime to see the engine. I didn't even know it was there!

8. DDRAWZ

DDRAWZ Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Avery

Mark, Should I bring a piece of lathe and a picture and put it in the line up on expo hill ????

9. M Kerkvliet

Maybe you could call some board members and try to get them to re-consider?

It would be a good promotion for your show up there. You could have a sign on it letting folks know where it came from!

Maybe the Avery committee does not have time or funds to work it out. We are getting pretty close to show time!