Beautification of Railroad Area

Jerry Christiansen

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Greetings all,

A short time ago I asked Railroad Superintendent Asher for permission to improve the Railroad Area. He gave me his blessings and said to "carry on". Since that time I have been in contact with the EPA and explained the project. When they learned the magnitude of the project and the location of the trees, they were very excited about the reduction of our carbon foot print.

We have enough trees comming to plant them about 10 feet apart all around the grounds. The picture below shows the first tree in place. Watch this thread for a work weekend to help plant the other 599 trees.

tree003.jpg

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I believe this is called an "Environmentally friendly, solvent free, energy efficient, rolling stock undercarriage degreasing sytem"

We should easily qualify for a government development grant for this......

:rof:

This is one of those times that a slow internet connection helps. I'm sitting there waiting for the picture thinking 600 trees, wow. That's a lotta trees. Then the last bit of the bottom of the picture finally comes up and I just shake my head. Guess I should've seen it coming. Nice one Jerry.

People were coming from all over the country this past weekend to see this latest "Beautification" effort, but is seems to have disappeared! Maybe the noon train went through?

Anyway... I heard rumor of other "Beautification" projects in the works!

I really like seeing so much effort put into making our show grounds a prettier place for our visitors to see!

Back