CALLING ALL WORKERS - June 17-19th, 2016

jojo

Junior Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
The building of the new picnic shelter located in the Sandbox will take place June 17-19th.

We are hoping to start and FINISH the project that weekend - so we NEED all hands on deck. Please bring tools - knowledge is helpful, but not necessary as there will be MANY teachers/mentors on hand to help guide us through the project.

The rafters will be built ONSITE at Earl's Mill (he wants a crew of 5-6 people to work with him all day) - thanks to Merlyn for leading this group on that part - and the roof will be steel - ( so NO shingling!)... this is slightly smaller than the one on Main street.

Food will be provided to ALL workers on this project - via the Sandbox Lunchbox. Since Steam School is going on - the mercantile is off limits for workers. So come work - have some lunch and in the evening catch up with everyone else that is on the grounds for various things over the weekend.

If you have ANY questions - please do not hesitate to ask on here - or contact me (Jo) at 701-866-2211. I will do my best to either try and answer them - or find someone that can. Hope to see you all there! How WONDERFUL could it be to do this in ONE weekend?!?

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Looks like Merlyn will be busy, hope he gets a good crew for the rafters.
It would be nice to get it completed in one week end and with good help it will happen.

There was a slight change in the plan... we need to bump up the rafter building to THIS weekend ( June 11th, 12th - 2016)... from my understanding the pieces are all cut and ready for assembly at Earl's Mill. Merlyn is the the contact person. We are looking for a minimal crew (may 3-6 people) to put them together - so that we can get them out of the way for NEXT weekend as Earl's will be busy for Steam School.

We are still a go for NEXT weekend (17-19th -2016) though for the completion of the shelter in the Sandbox. If we complete it early - there is another list of TO DO's in mind for the Sandbox. If you have any questions - or can dedicate some time to either weekend - please do!

Thanks !!!

Back