Campsite

David mcardle

WMSTR Lifetime Members
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Hello we are a newer family and this is our second year as active members, what I am trying to figure out is after this year of working how can we figure out if there is any openings in any campgrounds. We would like to come up and work more throughout the year but it is tough when having to haul the camper or get a hotel. And just not sure where to even begin

Hi David,

Welcome to the Rollag family. To get a spot in a workers campground you need to talk to the mayor(s) of the campground(s) you are interested in being in. I looked for a current list and didn't find one. Hopefully someone will come along and point us to the list of Mayors.

In the meantime, is there a camp ground you are interested in being in? If you know which campground, I may know who the mayor is.
What parts of the show are you and your family involved in?

Jerry Christiansen

really anywhere we haven’t looked to much into the different camp grounds. My oldest likes to be at miniature land and the middle son likes to hang out and work with Larson’s at thick and thin so that’s where I spend my time with him

Hi David,

Both the places your kids like to work are good places to work. Lots of good people willing to share their knowledge.

Until you get a place in worker's camping, you are certainly welcome to camp in Visitor's Camping. Are you going to be around any weekend before show weekend?

Jerry Christiansen

We brought the camper up to visitor earlier this week as we were coming to put in some time during the week and might again during this week. We might be stopping on Saturday also this weekend after we get the oldest from camp

If you get to the Hill on Saturday, please look me up. I will be working in the restroom at the top of the hill in Visitor's Camping.

Jerry Christiansen

Hi David,
Welcome.

This list is from the contact sheet with all the names listed under "announcements" of the main WMSTR fb page. It does need updating, but it will point you in a direction of who to talk to for the campgrounds listed with mayor names (I tried looking for a listing in the WMSTR newsletter, but found none).

--- Campground Mayors ---

Peasant Valley - Gary Aery

Peasant Valley - Eric Nelson 701-261-5171

Peasant Valley - Lynette Briden 701-219-9212 [email protected]

Upper Lutefisk Junction - Klinger' Harris Billigmeier

Lower Lutefisk Junction -

OK Corral - Leaha Clarke

Parsnips Corner -

Horse Hollow -

Snob Hill - Don Thiel 701-640-1331 [email protected]

Steam Hollow - Jeff Knutson

Take care, Karl

If you get to the Hill on Saturday, please look me up. I will be working in the restroom at the top of the hill in Visitor's Camping.

Jerry Christiansen
Sounds good. We tried to cleanup a bunch of the tall grass weeds around the visitor bathroom closest to the gate that leads out to the field when we were there wendsday didn’t want to mow to close to the clean out pipes but at least it wasn’t a jungle to get to the doors

Mark Kirshanman is the mayor of Lower Lutefisk Jct.

Campsites in workers campgrounds can be hard to aquire. Be sure to get on as many waiting lists with individual mayors as you can.

I am also a newer member and would like to get into any available campground… If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried emailing both [email protected] and [email protected] but never received a reply…

Also is there anyone that could help me get into the members only area of the forum? Member #59525

Thank you,
Nick Severson
507-696-1050

Back