Gallery

dclong

Ortner Engineer
WMSTR Lifetime Member
We'd love to see some of the things that are being worked on--either for show or for personal. It'd be great to see pictures of some projects being created and get/share some ideas. Does anyone out there have anything they'd like to share??
:picture:

M Kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
2007 Show

I did get to visit the ladies buildings this year, and had nice visits with some of the ladies who were working in them, and some of our visitors. It is not one of the areas that I normally visit, but I did want to get there this year to try to learn a little about the exhibits.

One of the ladies I had a nice visit with was April Thompson. She explained to me the art of weaving a rug on this loom. I wish I could remember all of the terms there are for the different materials that get put into one of these creations. Perhaps there are some out there who can contribute more here. Maybe April will show up some day and explain it all!

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Wish I would have been in there when you were getting your lesson on rug weaving! I didn't get to bring my basketweaving this year, but it will be with me next year FOR SURE, if we have to leave something else home so I have room!

Mallands

Intermediate Poster
Last year at Rollag, April taught me how to use a rug loom. During the past year, I bought one, but do not have it up and running yet. This year at Rollag, April, Shelly, and Shelly's mom (can't remember her name) taught me how to warp it I am very grateful to the three of them for all their help! Thanks ladies!!

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
That sure was interesting wasn't it! I can see why it would take all day. My loom is a 4 harness Hamilton made in Ohio - sitting in the basement covered with a sheet, don't know how to warp it. It is a gorgeous piece too. Maybe someday I can convince Shelly, April and Bonnie to come to Iowa, do you think???

Mallands

Intermediate Poster
Yes, I am sure they would be willing to go down to Iowa! ;)
Did your loom come with the tools that you need to warp it?
Darrell has a lot of Fall projects to get done, but after that I will be nagging him to make a spool rack for me so I get going on using my loom!

quiltnweave

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
How's Everyone?

Hi! Haven't heard from anyone in the Ladies Activities Bldg. - Cheryl are you on this forum? This year I'll be bringing up my weaving - actually going to bring it up Father's Day weekend so I don't forget it! I'm excited and anxious to see everyone again.

Merlyn Meyer

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Lumber for projects

For any member that likes to make things for the Boutique--- I have some very nice Ash lumber that we sawed in Earl's Mill. I have had it kiln dried. If you have any projects that you would like to make and donate to the Boutique, see me and I will give you the necessary Ash lumber. We also have clear pine that you can get for such projects.

Merlyn