Larson Sawmill

Discussion in 'Larson Sawmill' started by cjmlarson, Jan 13, 2009.

1. cjmlarson

cjmlarson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Rollag 2010

Here's a few pictures of the sawmill and several different engines that ran over the weekend. We will be posting more pictures and video soon, so will try to include all of the engines that ran on the mill.

We want to thank everyone that brought their engines down to run on the mill. Every year I'm trying to make it better and more enjoyable for all those that take part. We also want to thank everyone who helped us at the sawmill over the weekend. It's alot of work and we couldn't do it without you. We may not have still pictures of everyone right now, but we should have everyone on the video that we will post later.

[​IMG]

This is part of our Sunday crew. From Left to Right: Fred, Craig, Brett, Rick, Josh (Danger Boy), Pete, Clayton & Jane.

[​IMG]

Tom Dillon was thinking it would be neat to put the Monster 45 of Mark Peterson's on to run with the Russell (or maybe the Russell will run the 45!). In the end, it didn't work out as we planned and Tom elected to back out of the belt so the noises we heard on the 45 wouldn't get worse.

[​IMG]

It just so happened that Gary Muhl had the 40 Avery close by, so he backed down the hill and belted up with the Russell.

[​IMG]

Tim was not in our group picture, so here he is running the edger while the 2 Averys are on the mill.

2. DOXEY41

DOXEY41 Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

We should thank Clayton and Jane for all there hard work they put alot of time and it shows thank you. I sure had fun this year on the mill what a great group we had. Everyone was so easy to work with and the best thing is we all had fun. I can’t wait till next year I am already counting the days! If Clayton will have me back after all that jump ship talk I filled him up this summer. :rof:
    Thanks Thick & Thin Mill
    Josh (aka Danger Boy)

3. Fredward

Fredward Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Hey Josh. Maybe we could all wear sombreros next year? Block the sun, deflect hot embers, generally look cool. Then Larsons wouldn't need to make embroidered shirts for us all.
    Fred

4. cjmlarson

2010 Video Clips

Darren's video showed 3 different engines on the sawmill. What we got done this weekend, was to look through our hour-long tape and we have some Avery highlights that we have uploaded. These 2 engines ran Saturday afternoon and the following clips show a little of the engines running and some of the sawmill operation. We had a total of 9 different engines that ran on the mill, so there is more to come, just be patient with us.

Oh by the way, thanks Darren for the video. It's always fun to see what someone else has gotten on film.

[​IMG]

This shows Briden's 40 Avery, along with Ellingson's 18 Avery (Mark, I believe the 18 Avery was helping it along!). I will have to say, these engines definitely have a distinctive sound that's fun to listen to.

5. cjmlarson

Video continued

[​IMG]

The Averys are still running the mill at this point and this just shows the operation of the sawmill with the sound of the Averys in the background.

6. Fredward

Fredward Junior Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Excellent Videos. Bring on some more! Clayton, the shots of you running the mill are fantastic!
    Fred

7. Ray Wangler

Ray Wangler Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

WOW!!! Those videos are excellent. Clayton makes a fine looking sawyer, but he looks a little uncomfortable when there’s nothing to do! Unlike me, who’s fully comfortable when someone else is doing the work and I’m standing around doing nothing!

Good job on the mill all the way around. I’m predicting Clayton has the most prime real estate on the grounds in about 15 years. It’ll be the center of the show. Already, he’s the first thing people see coming in and the last thing they see leaving, great job Clayton, Jane and crew!

Ray

8. cjmlarson

Thanks Ray.....Your right I am not sure just how to handle it when I have people helping me, specially the great help I have. I am still soaking up all the fun I had at this years show!!!!!!

Also I do believe We at the Thick and Thin sawmill are going to enjoy the location we are at.

I wanted to come over to Edins this year, but I will not make it. It is high on the priority list but one thing got in the way. You guys and gals have fun and report back with the events that take place

9. cjmlarson

10. cjmlarson