Miniature Steam Engine Class...

Brian K. Nelson

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Wow! I've been around the show for 40+ years and Jerry Swedburg's model engine building class is one of the best ideas that has hit Rollag. DeForrest, our 11 year old took the engine building class on Thursday. Thursday was the first class. At 5:00 I had to literally pull him out of class for 5:30 he had football practice in Hawley, the class started at 1:00pm. DeForrest was so excited about building this engine. All the kids were excited. Who wouldn't be! I understand that 24 kids participated and all 24 engines ran on 10 - 15 psi of air pressure, and would you believe that they only broke 2 small drill bits. That alone says alot of the instructor and his assistants. Hats off to Jerry and Elaine for doing this for the next generation!! :woohoo1: Perhaps they can do a class for the more advanced in age. I've never built a working model, but now my 11 year old has.:sad:

I wanted to get over to see this exhibit, but I totally spaced it out!

I agree... this kind of exhibit is going to light a fire in the minds of these youngsters and spark an interest in more things they can get involved in at our show.

Jerry and Elaine are to be commended for the thought that went into this, and I hope they will do it again next year.

BTW Brian...:picture:

Back