New Youtube options!

m kerkvliet

WMSTR Past President
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
JLGundersen and I have been trading Pm's back and forth for a few days, and I was able to deliver a new feature to the forum!

You can now paste a url from Youtube or Photobucket video sites directly into a message and your video will be seen without ever leaving the WMSTR site! This was a hack I have wanted for a long, long time, but it took Joe to push me over the edge to research it, I had to scrounge up enough guts to install the hack on the board. (Last time I tried one I took the site down for 2 hours! Talk about panic!)

Anyway... Joe, Clayton, and others who regularly post video should enjoy this new feature!

Thanks for the "nudge" Joe!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Here is an example from a video I used elsewhere on the forum... (Click the "➤" button in the picture) If you click anywhere else on the picture you will be taken to the YouTube site.

edit... Other video sites can be switched on too. There are 20 or so options, but I am not aware of their content so until someone asks for one of them specifically and I check it out, I am going to leave them off.

JLGundersen;3218 said:
You're the best, Mark, I don't care what anybody else says about you.:biglaugh:

And there are plenty who don't think so! :D

Really... anything that can be done to improve the board is worth the time to me... I just have to find time to "git-er-done" and sometimes I need a little encouragement.

Now, I hope Clayton doesn't bail on us because I messed up one of his threads while I was trying to fix it up after the conversion!

I had to edit some of yours too Joe... one of them had 3 YouTube players in it, all of the same video! Seems your fancy code really confused the hack! I think I have them all fixed, but if anyone finds one that is still messed up, point me to it and I'll fix it.

Back