Original Steamer Photos

The engine in post 192 194 and 195 all appear to be a 20-25hp Buffalo Pitts single cylinder and at least 2 different threshing machines.
Post 193 is a Minnesota Giant / Northwest built in Stillwater MN.
I can't make out the type of engine in post 196 but I'm pretty sure the threshing machine is a Case

48437.jpeg
Here's a great picture of 2 engines working together to build a road.
The lead engine is one of my favorite engines, it's a Colean they were unique in the smoke stack went right through the water tank.
The second engine is a Buffalo Pitts. Both engines are twin cylinder

48435.jpeg
60hp (1912 or 13 model) Case pulling a small house right down a city street.
I'm sure someone is going to ask how you can tell it's a 1912 or 1913 engine. Well here's some Case trivia you can impress your friends with!!
The smoke box on this engine is a long smoke box, in 1909 Case changed them from short to long. So we know it was built after 1909.
Next we look at the front axle and the preheater ( large tube above the front wheel) in 1911 and earlier the axle would be square this one is round. The preheater 1911 and earlier would be cast iron this one is rolled steel. So we know it was built after 1911.
And finally 1913 was the last year of production of the 60hp model. So looking at a few things we can make a really educated guess that this engine is either a 12 or 13

48434.jpeg
I believe this engine is a Nichols and Shepard.
This picture has writing on the back...
Lund Farm 1 mile east of Flom 1914
John Erickson sitting owner of rig.
Someone in more present time wrote Norman county MN.
Does anyone know if there's a Rollag connection?? I'd love to reunite the picture with either the Erickson family or Lund family.

I've been informed that the car in post 204 ( the one with the guy and camera) is a Maxwell roughly a 1906 model

I've been informed that the car in post 204 ( the one with the guy and camera) is a Maxwell roughly a 1906 model
I was going to suggest Maxwell. There is one at the show in Crosby, ND that I admire. It had a 2 cyl opposed engine with a spoke flywheel lurking under the hood.

Reactions: Ned
Back