Picture test #1-001

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by pmasley, May 4, 2007.

1. pmasley

pmasley Intermediate Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

2. 40avery

40avery Mega Poster Super Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

Good job!

It comes up great.:dancingparty:

3. pmasley

Picture post

I used a size of 640x480 and the picture came up pretty small on my screen (about 1.25" x 1") which makes me think I need to resize the picture larger on next attempt. Is it only small on my screen?
    Peter

4. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

The picture is just a thumbnail... Click on the picture and it will re-size to the 640X480. It works OK for me!

If you really want to get fancy, open a photobucket account and use off-site hosting. Then you can have your pictures right in your message. It is really easy to do... and free!

5. 40avery

40avery Mega Poster Super Moderator WMSTR Lifetime Member

6. pmasley

Learning more

Ok, good information. Photobucket makes sense esp. in terms of saving server space, But....I'm having trouble uploading the links as I keep getting the message that the link file is too large (even though I've resized them to 650x480 and kept the size to about 95). I will work on this but right now I'd rather post some pictures to the Ortner Section so Dan & Dawn can see the progress and get to work on the doors for the building. Thanks for the help.
    Peter

7. pmasley

8. Jerry Christiansen

Jerry Christiansen Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Hi Peter,

If you have that picture on Photobucket, you can put it in the text. When you get to the place in the text you want the picture, click on the 5th icon from the right just above the window you enter the text in. The icon is supposed to represent a picture of a mountain scene with the sun in the top right corner.

When you do that another box will show up on your screen. If you put the URL from Photobucket in the box, the picture will show up in the text. When I am doing that I have two browser windows open. One is opened to this site, the other to Photobucket. I "click" on the tab in Photobucket that says http. The word "copied" shows up on my screen, then I put the cursor in the box on this site and paste. If the http//: shows up twice, you will need to delete one of them.

Good luck,
    Jerry

9. pmasley

Pictures

Thanks Jerry, I'll get the hang of this yet. Found out that even with links I need to make the pictures smaller pixel and size wise. I sent you an email over the weekend to your private email address about the bridge Jerry. Did you get it?

10. Jerry Christiansen

Hi Peter,

I changed my address a while ago. I will send a pm with the current one. I didn't get a message over the weekend.

If you look at one of my posts that has pictures, I saved those pictues as a 640 X 480.

Later,
    Jerry

11. CaseyD

CaseyD B & R Sawmill Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

i'm just trying to figure out the named quotes

12. Jerry Christiansen

Hi Casey,

I you are wanting an explainaiton, I am not certain I understand your question.

If you are meaning "click", that means left-click.

Later,
    Jerry

13. CaseyD

CaseyD B & R Sawmill Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

No, sorry--I was just playing around to learn how to insert a name into the quote box...the text that I copied was completely unrelated. Alas, now i know how to attribute a quote to a specific user!

sorry,

14. pmasley

need to remember how to do this

ok, try attachment instead of picture
    [​IMG]

15. M Kerkvliet

M Kerkvliet WMSTR Past President Administrator WMSTR Lifetime Member

This is a test reply