Steam Up 2021

Craig Mattson

Vice President, Mega Poster
Administrator
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Steam Season is just around the corner!
Steam up is going to be held April 10, 2021 at Larson Welding.

After a fun filled morning of steam and catching up with friends and sharing valuable (and invaluable) information lunch will be served at 12 noon. Meal tickets are only $7 for one of the best lunches around served up by some of our own fantastic WMSTR ladies!

MSEA (Minnesota Steam Engine Association) will have their meeting at 1pm. This is a great opportunity to pay your yearly dues or sign up to become a MSEA member if you aren't.

For those of you on Facebook you can find the event HERE.

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and catching up with folks!

Jerry, can you hook two Prony brakes together and then we can give the V12 a little bit of a load. Oh ya and then we will have to twist then in the opposite direction.:hide:

Clayton,

Getting the Blue Brake in for Steam Up is no problem. Loading the Red Brake and anchoring it will be a problem.
I suppose I could drag the remains of Blue Brake 1 out of the weeds and get it ready. . . .
What is the horsepower rating of that V12?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hey Clayton,

That is a lot of ponies in one package! I am looking forward to seeing and hearing it run.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

I talked with Jim the other day. A couple devices too big for Ray's brake are planning to attend, so the Blue Brake will show up.
Some will be disappointed, we haven't figured out a big enough dyno for Clayton's engine.
Breakfast sounds good. We can do it even if Monty doesn't show up.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Are you sure Rays brake can't handle the v12?? :bonk:
Breakfast does indeed sound good.
Looking forward to seeing everyone

I talked with Jim the other day. A couple devices too big for Ray's brake are planning to attend, so the Blue Brake will show up.
Some will be disappointed, we haven't figured out a big enough dyno for Clayton's engine.
Breakfast sounds good. We can do it even if Monty doesn't show up.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Craig,

Why didn't I think of that!?! Of course, we can use Ray's Brake to load Clayton's V12.
Hopefully Clayton will see this and bring enough fuel for a full run and a hard pull.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Hi again everyone,

I stopped by Larson Welding yesterday and talked with Tracy. They still have some 2020 plates at the shop. If you haven't picked up your plate, here is another opportunity to get one. If you want some older plates to fill gaps in your collection, you need to go to here on the Rollag.com site and order them.

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

If you put some fan blades on Ray's brake and then just have him talk in to the fan blades, this should create an enormous amount of load :rof:I am so sorry Ray :sorry2: Just haven't seen you lately, so there is my early jab, hope all is well with you:thumb:

Ray,

Are you planning on showing up a Ray:30? Or, are you going to wait until they open?
What time do they open?

Later,
Jerry Christiansen

Trying to find hours it looks like they changed names and hours. Let’s do Denny’s on 13th ave s. and 45th st. They’re open 24 hrs. 0600 sharp., anyone have moro’s number.

Back