Thanks to the young operators

pathill

Junior Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
As manny of you that walk by miniatureland, you see that the young operators are doing most of the work. Firing the engines, feeding the threshers, and making most of the work happen. I have to say thank you for all that those kids do. They are the ones that make it all happen in that fence. We are only the supervisors to make sure they are learning the important parts of safe running of the machines. With out the young ones we wouldn't be able to make it all happen.

So on behalf of Claire, Joyce, Ira Lisa, and myself THANKYOU to all the YOUTH that help each year!!!! :congrats:

And I have to say thanks to all the Enginers that help teach the youth in here as well. We couldn't do it with out you as well.

Pat

I'll second that Pat... miniature land was a good part of what the show was all about this year. I am sure glad that that our youth had such a big part in the operation of miniature land.

The people that deserve a BIG thank you, in my mind, are the crew that runs Minitureland. Any time you run across a youngen that knows how to fire and engineer-odds are he spent time on the hill with the Hills. We spend a considerable amount of time fretting about the future of the show and how to attract young people-well, go watch waht goes on at Minitureland and rejoice (no pun intended). There is our steam future.
THANK YOU!

I had my start in miniatureland way back when. I think the fact that kids are able to acquire hours on the engines is very beneficial, it was for me, and it also provides a good stepping stone for bigger more powerful machines. Steam traction and the locomotives come to mind...
I would like to thank all of the supervisors in miniatureland for allowing and encouraging kids to fire and engineer the engines, as it is a truly unique opportunity for them and moreover it successfully bridges the "generation gap"

As an operator in Miniatureland this year, I think it's necessary to thank the Hills also, because they are so helpful in keeping the engines running right and safely. Most of the engine owners are not anywhere near miniatureland during the show, so without their supervision and help, there would not be a miniatureland demonstration...And, if Ray still goes on this forum, I want to thank him again for letting me operate his engines and having confidence in me. Knowing that I can do something right went a long way...well, all the way to the B&R Sawmill--just kidding.

Back