Thick N Thin Sawmill New water tower!

Discussion in 'Larson Sawmill' started by DOXEY41, May 21, 2013.

1. edin

edin 28 Minneapolis #7700 Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

Clayton and Jane - after a year to reflect on the project, did the water tower do everything you hope it'd do?

Colt

2. cjmlarson

cjmlarson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Yes it did Colt. But the roof on the sawmill took a little beating. I have to fix about ten feet of ridge cap, the wind found it important tear it off for some reason.
    Also will remove the rectangle smoke jack and go back to the bell style smoke jack on the south side. I had plans to improve this but won't get to it this summer.
    Jim says we should have bigger logs this year. That sure would be nice instead of everyone boiling water like last year!!

3. Darren Gunderson

Darren Gunderson 20 Minneapolis #8702 Crew WMSTR Lifetime Member

I sure thought it was nice knowing we had a convenient way to fill up with water while at the mill without having to wait or flag down a water truck. I thought it was a very good addition.

4. cjmlarson

cjmlarson Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

I am glad it worked well for you Darren I was worried about how slow it was going to be. But it seemed to flow real well and did not take long to fill the engines when they need water.

5. DOXEY41

DOXEY41 Mega Poster WMSTR Lifetime Member

Clayton you know why it worked so well? Because of the roof if there was no roof we couldn't have done this. Boy who every thought the roof was a bad idea is a doofus!