Visitors Shower Project

Mike Bennett;8123 said:
Thinking back on it, we were pretty far away from the blue line in the grass when we hit that one twice...

You do have a point on that last one... I didn't anticipate the line making a turn like that only 20 feet from the hydrant. Guess one should never assume anything out there! :confused:

M Kerkvliet;8124 said:
You do have a point on that last one... I didn't anticipate the line making a turn like that only 20 feet from the hydrant. Guess one should never assume anything out there! :confused:

I have noticed when you dig a hole in Rollag, you never know what you might find. Still hope to find someone's missing wallet one of these times.. :rof:

So... I forgot to get any pictures on Saturday, but a phone call to a helpful friend on Sunday got the job done! Thanks Jerry Christiansen for keeping my photo journal up to date!

Here are a few pictures Jerry got for me Sunday that shows the work in progress!

Our troublesome WMSTR trencher really came through on Saturday thanks to all of the work we did on it at Larson Welding on one of the work (donut) days last winter! It preformed flawlessly! Jerry and Mike dug over 800' of trench! This picture shows about 500' of it. Electrical and water lines will be buried in it.

trench1.jpg

Merlyn Meyer and Dave Schreiner must have been at work Sunday installing the counter tops! Nice!!!

counter1.jpg

We will be providing a shower room for our handicapped visitors. This is the shower stall in that room...

handicapshower.jpg

And you should be able to start getting an idea of what the layout will look like when it is all finished in a couple of weeks. Sheet rock needs taping, and the dressing area dividers need to be installed.

stalls1.jpg

We still need a lot of help on this project every weekend! Soon there will be painting to do! My goal is to get water to the building by Saturday evening this coming weekend, but that is going to require a lot of work! See me if you need something to do!

Thanks again Jerry for the pictures!

Work continued this week, and weekend on the shower building.

Here Merlyn Meyer is getting ready to cut holes in the newly installed counters to install the sinks.

merlyn.jpg

Jason Olson, Roger Meyer and I came along behind and installed the drains and the faucets to the sinks.

rogerjason.jpg

A shot of "The Boss" a very patient Bob Mitchell hooking up the PEX water lines to the shower stalls. Note the new (HEAVY) water heater in the background!

Bobm.jpg

A wide shot of the showers and sinks. Also note the completed taping of the sheet rock!

showersink.jpg

On the other end of the water line, another crew led by Vern and Jerry Asher were working on getting the water line under the RR tracks and across the road to get us some water in the new building! Not sure who all was working on that crew, but I am sure someone will fill us all in!

DSC08146.jpg

And where noon finally came, we all headed up to the Mercantile for lunch! Thank you ladies!!!

lunchtime.jpg

The day was not without "incident"!

We had a near tragedy when we turned "someone" loose with a power tool!:rof:

Ever hear the saying "A picture is worth 1000 words"?

Well... does that mean 2 pictures is worth 2000 words???

I am sure the subject of these pictures would be more than pleased to explain to you what happened! (Just don't tell him how you found out!!!!!)

:hide:

askroger.jpg

askroger2.jpg

We had a good week in on the shower building project.

Roynell and his paint crew had been busy painting all of dividers and the shower rooms themselves. I am not sure who is all on his crew, but they are doing a very nice job... hours and hours spent painting, and I did not see a single drop of paint where it was not supposed to be!

The sides have been picked, and it is now obvious which side is mens, and which is women's! Let's see if you can figure it out!

ladies.jpg

Here Merlyn, Dave, and Merlyns brother Russell start the install of the dividers between the shower stalls.

dividers.jpg

Jason Olson and Tom Malvin took on the job of hooking up the water lines to the sinks. This involved sweating a lot of copper. I did not get a picture of the nice job they did... I will have to get it later. The only thing left with the sinks is to get the drains hooked up, and Jason may have gotten that done on Sunday.

We hope to finish the building up next weekend, just in time for the show!

Jason Lange;8233 said:
WOW!!!

Sure wish workers could get shower rooms like that!!!!!!!!!

I think it's mostly workers that are camping in visitors at this point, actually.

Great job on the new showers everyone! Thank you!!

I met with Dale Brown, "Biofueler" here on the forum on the Tuesday before the show, and he installed the signs I asked him to make on our new shower facility.

Dale1.jpg

The vinyl lettering is stuck to the painter sheet rock panels above the sinks.

dale2.jpg

The finished product!

dale3.jpg

Dale also did the signs on the doors of the building.

Now we are ready for our grand opening on Thursday!

We're open!

I wanted to get all involved down to the building at 2 PM on Thursday for a ribbon cutting ceremony! There were many people who worked very hard all summer to pull this off, and it was only right that we open it in some official manner! The weather did not cooperate, so we were delayed an hour or so.

Here, the principals do the honor of cutting the ribbon! Ellis Aakre, WMSTR President had some things to say and thanked all involved, and then He, Bob Mitchell (plumber), Merlyn Meyer (builder), and Jace Mitchell (electrician) did the honors! I would have handed out more scissors if I could have found them!

ribbon1.jpg

After the ribbon cutting was over, I had told everyone that I wanted to take the first "official" shower! Since there was a pretty good crowd on hand, and I am a modest person... this meant I had to do so with my clothes on!

Here is the proof!

mark1.jpg

The water was warm, and there was plenty of water pressure, so I told everyone that they were good to go! and the building was officially open! As you can see, there was a crowd on hand for my shower, so it is a good thing I had a "G" rated shower!

mark2.jpg

I want to thank all who were involved in this project for making it a success! If I were to try to name everyone, well... you all know how that goes! If you were involved in any way, give yourself a big pat on the back and know that you were part of making some visitors to our show very happy, and our showgrounds a "fresher" place!

:bannana:Glad to see that they turned out so well! Isn't it hard to get clean with clothes on Mark?:rof:

Men of Rollag

Wow Mark now that photo has to be on the cover of the men of Rollag calendar not June or May but the front cover Wow:rof:. I think that one is way worse the my photo. :aetsch:

There are just some things that have no words to explain them... This is one of those things.. :not_worthy:

DOXEY41;8253 said:
Wow Mark now that photo has to be on the cover of the men of Rollag calendar not June or May but the front cover!

:rof::rof:

I never thought of that when I posted that picture!

... You know, ever since I posted that picture the view count of this thread has skyrocketed! I bet word is getting around with the ladies!!! :bannana::cool:

M Kerkvliet;8256 said:
:rof::rof:

I never thought of that when I posted that picture!

... You know, ever since I posted that picture the view count of this thread has skyrocketed! I bet word is getting around with the ladies!!! :bannana::cool:

Yes and they are telling their kids and family and friends..............just say no to this kind of :banned:. Just wondering Mark when a person showers with their cloths on..... do you smell like a wet dog when your done?

It was not quite as dramatic as it looked I guess. I was already soaked from the rain earlier, and I never did get to change clothes after the big shower! I just dried off over the next few hours I guess!

Nobody turned up their nose at me! ... but maybe folks were just being polite!

Back