Do you know a traveling Blacksmith?

GKarels

Intermediate Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
I was asked by someone from my home town, who is on the Lac Qui Parle county fair board (Madison MN), for information about a demonstration they would like to have. They would like to have a blacksmith / forge demonstration at the county fair. They have had wood carvers in the past, but would like to have something different. They do compensate those who put on demonstrations. The fair is the first weekend after labor day, Thursday-Sunday, but Saturday and Sunday would be the most important days to have the demonstration.
Does anyone know someone who does this sort of thing?

I was asked by someone from my home town, who is on the Lac Qui Parle county fair board (Madison MN), for information about a demonstration they would like to have. They would like to have a blacksmith / forge demonstration at the county fair. They have had wood carvers in the past, but would like to have something different. They do compensate those who put on demonstrations. The fair is the first weekend after labor day, Thursday-Sunday, but Saturday and Sunday would be the most important days to have the demonstration.
Does anyone know someone who does this sort of thing?
Gary I'll do some asking. I might know someone
Ned

When is this event? We at E&M Forge have the ability to travel, some of our equipment is meant to be semi mobile.

Also what demonstrations are they looking for? We mainly work in the artsy side, not weapons.

Keep us informed.
Thanks
Dusty

When is this event? We at E&M Forge have the ability to travel, some of our equipment is meant to be semi mobile.

Also what demonstrations are they looking for? We mainly work in the artsy side, not weapons.

Keep us informed.
Thanks
Dusty
Dusty and Ned, Thank for the responses.
I sent Dusty a Message with the phone number of the fair board member that contacted me.
Give him a call and discuss the possibility.
Thank You!
Gary

Back