Guess the weight

cjmlarson

Mega Poster
WMSTR Lifetime Member
Lets have a little fun with this.
Does any one have a guess as to what this thing weighs. On my way out to the showgrounds I went across the scale at the elevator on the south edge of Hawely.
Only the weight of the engine for one guess.
Then the weight of the entire unit truck and engine.
thumbnail (20).jpg

'Aint no rigger so my guestimations are off in this area, but I'll open the bidding at 15K each. I'd guess that it's at least 26,001 to make being legal on a class D license inconvenient;)

Guessing that the engine weighs as much or more than the pull truck. I'll bet about 41,277#.

Is it over 50lbs? I bet it is I'm going to say over 50lbs or like SDJ said maybe over a ton of feathers depending on which is heavier.

Ok, here is what it weighed with not full of fuel and a little short on coolant.
Total tow vehicle and engine, 39400 lbs
Tow vehicle 18300 lbs
Engine 21100 lbs
I'm sure Karl cheated !!:scratching: He might have asked the scale house after I left.
Mark being a truck driver and hauling buns and sliced bread, I knew would be real close:congrats:
Now for SD jon and Ned, I would have to think you both work at the same chicken farm :yes2:

Clayton, in a past life, I hauled LTL in a straight axle truck. (Didn't think I'd get that close to the weight of the engine).

The "Feather Merchants" on the other hand...
Sounds like chicken scratching to me. Lol!

Hey now!!! It never said anything about guessing the closest weight. It said guess the weight and that means Jon and I are both correct!! So what do we win??

Ned and SD Jon,
Clayton, wil you give everyone a participation trophy?

We all played the "guess the weight" game...
I think we all won. Feather Merchants or not.
Take care

Mark,
The trucks weight was easy, from when I used to haul LTL freight in a straight axle.
The engine... figured it couldn't be too much more than the truck, otherwise, Clayton would've hauled by semi. So, just rounded the number up to #20,000.

Clayton, if the engine would've been on a semi trailer... I'd never have come close. Lol
Take care
See you on The Hill.!!

Is it too late to post a guess in exchange for an ice cream cone Clayton????

If not, my guess is that it weighs in at around 39400#'s total ;)

Back