Prairie Rose Boutique

Yes, I wish some others would join us too besides you, me, and Katy, and occasionally Mark. I come on this about once a week, sometimes more, and find the posts on here very informative. :eek:...

Hi Sandi and Roxanne, I just found out about this discussion forum. I am the "newbie" who helped at the boutique for the first time last year. My husband and I will be going to steam school next week. I am going along for the ride and will be working on items for the boutique. I've already made 3 felted purses and 3 felted wine bottle carriers. I tried to attach a photo but the system says it's too large a file. I'm also making bookmarks out of beads. I'll show them to you, and you can tell me whether they will sell. Is there any work to be done while we're at steam school? Desyl

Boutique

Hi Desyl! So good to hear from you! Can't wait to see your felted purses again this year, they were so cool:>) I still haven't learned how to knit, but maybe now that I'm retired I'll have more time. Will you be parked where you were last year? We brought up a new old camper in October and I'm so anxious to see how it weathered during the winter. And, it is MUCH NICER than the old, old camper. There really isn't much to be done in the boutique, it is too early to start cleaning and putting stuff out. The screen doors need to be replaced, and the water faucet outside needs fixing. We'll just have to see how the bldg. looks when we get there. See ya next weekend!
Hugs, Sandi

Desyl,
Glad to have you on the forum! :p I will be there next weekend too, so see you then!
Roxane
P.S. I can't knit either so am really amazed by felted purses. Looked over a book about them and know they take lots of work!

We don't know where we'll be camping, but I'm sure that I'll run into you two sometime. I saw in an earlier post that you would like some plants on the back side of the building. I don't remember the conditions back there. If there is quite a bit of shade, I could donate some hosta plants. I have over 400 varieties (it has become an addiction!), and I have run out of room for them. We can talk about it next week. Desyl

Desyl,

The last time we were there I was wondering too iif hostas had ever been planted back there. Bring some if you like. It's worth a try.

See you this weekend!
Roxane

Hostas

Roxanne, I can't do it this time. I injured my knee, and I'm not allowed to do any gardening for a while.

Desyl

Desyl,

Thanks for answering because Darrell said that if you brought them, he could bring our tiller. So he won't have to bring it then.

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope you get better soon!

Roxane

P.S. Hope it's not this hot and humid this weekend, but I think it may be! Ugh!!

Just thought I would say Hi to Sandi and Roxanne. Hopefully we will be up the week before the show. Mr. has been working out of state all summer so we haven't had a chance to go anywhere. I just had surgery on my right arm so everything has been a pain :( to try and do. I just got the cast off:D so at least I can type...very slowly. Needless to say I am not going to be the biggest help but I will try and get something done. A friend of my was going to drop some stuff off at the shop for me to do. I think she was going to put my name on it. Hopefully it is not to much. Anyway hope you both enjoy the rest of the summer as it flys by! See you soon. Lori K:bannana:

Hello Lori

Hi Lori - good to "hear" from you. Sorry about your surgery, but hope whatever it was will make it feel much better. I've been busy making a few things for the boutique. Of course, I never get done all the things floating around in my head. I've been so busy making quilts for Home of the Brave, and now Christmas Stockings and pillowcases for the troops for this holiday season, everything else gets put on the back burner. We won't be up til August 28 late, Den is not retired and can't go until then. Of course, if I could sprout wings and fly, I could be there anytime now, retirement is great that way:D
See everyone soon!
Hugs, Sandi

Hi ladies (Sandi & Lori & anyone else who reads this),
We are going up to Rollag on Saturday, August 25. As Darrell says, one more week of work... I am busy finishing up a couple of embroidered dish towels. Ashley and I are going to make some Soup in the Jar recipes this week. I have been busy crocheting lots of dishcloths.
Hope your arm gets better, Lori!
We will see you guys in another week!

Lucky You

We used to be able to come up the week before when the kids were in college and close to home. Now that they are out on their own and raising families in far off places, we have to keep some vacation to go visit. I retired, but Den is still working so we have to ration his vacation days for a couple more years. I loved coming early, hitting Potato Days, and working in the boutique and just hanging out;) I told him next year he can just bring me up in June and I can stay til he comes up for the show, that didn't go over so good:D
Hugs, Sandi

You mentioned "just hanging out" Sandi. I think the week before the show is just as much fun as the show. I enjoy seeing all the people! As you know, we have been up there a few weekends this summer and it is pretty boring up there (with the exception of Father's Day Weekend). Most of the time there is no one up there to talk too. Am looking forward to being there to see all our old friends! Can't wait and am counting the days!! :D

Hanging out

Oh, I know, I loved it the week before. We actually had a chance to sit and visit with old friends and meet new ones. During the show you barely have time to eat, let alone visit. I can't do it at night after working all day I'm totally exhausted. We stay a couple of days after the show to clean up, etc., it is eerily quiet. I told Den it is like our ancestors still want to play and everyone is gone.

Are you guys eating in the eat shack during the show? Den already paid for our evening meals, but thought it would be fun to have a potluck maybe.....what do you think?
:eek:...

Hello

Hello ladies,

We are going up on Wednesday so that we'll have a little time before the show starts. I'm glad to help with set-up if you need it. I've already made money for the boutique. I showed my felted purses to a friend, and she wanted to buy one. I remembered that Sandi priced them at $35 last year, so I told my friend she would have to pay $40, which she did. I have a check for you. We didn't buy any of the evening meals, so count me in for a potluck.

Desyl

Hi Desyl,

We always need help in the Boutique getting ready before the show. That goes to for anyone else who reads this: we need help cleaning, pricing, and putting things out. If you need to get in your hours, come visit us!

That is great that you sold a purse and are donating the money to the show. Very nice of you!

Sandi and I talked it over via email and decided to have a potluck next year instead with all the people who work in the Boutique. We will plan it when we get to the show this year.

See you at the show!
Roxane

Potluck

Desyl, that is fantastic you sold a purse and are donating the proceeds to the show!

I still haven't really figured out this forum and didn't know how to post a reply to your post, so I am posting a reply to Roxanne's post:)

We will plan a potluck for next year, this year I will get everyone's e-mail, mail, phone, etc. so we can keep in contact. I wish I would have thought of it earlier this year, but didn't til a week ago:( A Boutique potluck it will be!

We will be up late Tuesday and will be at the Boutique semi-bright and early on Wednesday. We need lots of help, it is a huge job to get everything cleaned, marked and set out before the show. And, it is so much fun to see first-hand everything that comes in:bannana:

See you next week,

Sandi - I have noticed to that you can only reply to the last poster.

I too love to see the stuff that comes into the Boutique. There are some very talented people out there! Glad they are members of the show!:)

Sandi and Roxane,

I have a friend who just moved, and she gave me a bunch of the packing paper that the mover used. It's kind of a craft paper, that looks like what you find stuffed into new purses. Should I bring it for the boutique? I think it would be nicer than using newspaper when we wrap things.

Desyl

quiltnweave;2244 said:
I still haven't really figured out this forum and didn't know how to post a reply to your post, so I am posting a reply to Roxanne's post:)

Mallands said:
Sandi - I have noticed to that you can only reply to the last poster.

Ladies...

You can quote anything you want to! It is really easy.

If you want to quote a specific post... look in the lower right corner of the post you want to reply to. There is a "Quote" button you can click on. If you click that button, you will be taken to a message editor window where you will see the text from that post inside of [ quote ] and [ /quote ] brackets. The first [ qoute ] will have an = sign with a name next to it. This is what gives the quote credit to whomever said it.

Another way to quote something someone said is to highlight the text you want to quote and respond to, then right click it, and choose the "copy" option. Then go to the post reply window (just like you normally do) and right click in the area where you want to insert the text, and choose "paste"! After you have done this, highlight that text again, and then click the little word balloon icon (left of the pound sign) on the editor window... above where you type your message. You will see that when you click this icon, it wraps the [ quote ] tags around the text you had selected. If you want to attribute that text to someone in particular (like I did with you guys above...) just add the "=Mallands" (or whomever) after the first quote... example [ quote=mallands ].

Want to have some fun? You can even do this...
Ed Sullivan said:
We're going to have a really big shooooow!

Another note. See how Sandy's quote above has a little arrow icon next to it? That is because I used the "quote" button in her post to reply to this thread. I deleted the rest of the text in her post after I got it here. If you click on that little arrow icon, you will be taken back to the post I am quoting her from (earlier in this thread) and there you can see her complete post, not just the sentence I left there. To quote Mallands, I just used the copy and paste method, and added the =Mallands to the quote. That is why there is no arrow near her quote. There is an easy way to add it there too, but that is for another lesson some day!

The big lesson is... Don't be afraid to experiment! You cannot hurt anything. If you screw up and don't like the way your post looks, you can delete it for up to 2 hours after you post it!

You ladies are having fun here, and thats what were looking for. You have a very active forum! Thanks for participating, and don't be afraid to ask for help!

Side note... in the examples I used above, I had to add a space between the [ and the quote. There are no spaces when you do it for real. I had to add the space to "fool" the software so it didn't treat my example as a real quote!

Back